Apr 5, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Mat Latos is on the disabled list with a shoulder injury, but Bill Center of the San Diego Union Tribune reports that the right-hander “looked sharp” during a 70-pitch bullpen session yesterday and will be reevaluated by the Padres today.
Latos is eligible to come off the disabled list Friday, but manager Bud Black was noncommittal when asked if he’d be ready to rejoin the rotation by then, saying only that “all the reports are good.”
After struggling all spring with a 9.00 ERA in addition to getting knocked around in a minor-league game that doesn’t count toward those numbers Latos was shut down in late March and missed his Opening Day start.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)