Apr 5, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Mat Latos is on the disabled list with a shoulder injury, but Bill Center of the San Diego Union Tribune reports that the right-hander “looked sharp” during a 70-pitch bullpen session yesterday and will be reevaluated by the Padres today.
Latos is eligible to come off the disabled list Friday, but manager Bud Black was noncommittal when asked if he’d be ready to rejoin the rotation by then, saying only that “all the reports are good.”
After struggling all spring with a 9.00 ERA in addition to getting knocked around in a minor-league game that doesn’t count toward those numbers Latos was shut down in late March and missed his Opening Day start.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 45
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)