Apr 5, 2011, 10:31 AM EDT
Roger Clemens and Mike Piazza were in Las Vegas for a celebrity golf tournament the other day and they did some radio together. Of course, the topic turned to the bat incident from the 2000 World Series. I’d like to say something super interesting happened during the interview, but not really. Here’s Piazza:
I saw him catch the bat head and you know he was just so geeked up that I just think that he was kind of like catch it and get this crap outta here, so that’s what I feel like. I really don’t feel and again I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. I don’t feel like he really threw it at me. I’m not saying he threw it at me. I’m saying maybe he felt like he was just throwing it and maybe I’m trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I felt like honestly he hit me in the head, so if he was going to throw the bat I felt like he might have hit me with the bat, so again I look back and it was just one of those weird things.
Always succinct, that Piazza. He’s got a book coming out soon. I hope he’s paying his ghost writer well.
I do like the use of the phrase “geeked up,” though. Depending on who you believe in the upcoming perjury trial, that could either mean excited or it could be a new way to talk about being juiced to the gills. I wish he would have said “hepped up,” though, because that’s way snappier.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 4
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 39
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 79
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 9
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 66
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (146)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)