Apr 5, 2011, 10:31 AM EDT
Roger Clemens and Mike Piazza were in Las Vegas for a celebrity golf tournament the other day and they did some radio together. Of course, the topic turned to the bat incident from the 2000 World Series. I’d like to say something super interesting happened during the interview, but not really. Here’s Piazza:
I saw him catch the bat head and you know he was just so geeked up that I just think that he was kind of like catch it and get this crap outta here, so that’s what I feel like. I really don’t feel and again I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. I don’t feel like he really threw it at me. I’m not saying he threw it at me. I’m saying maybe he felt like he was just throwing it and maybe I’m trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I felt like honestly he hit me in the head, so if he was going to throw the bat I felt like he might have hit me with the bat, so again I look back and it was just one of those weird things.
Always succinct, that Piazza. He’s got a book coming out soon. I hope he’s paying his ghost writer well.
I do like the use of the phrase “geeked up,” though. Depending on who you believe in the upcoming perjury trial, that could either mean excited or it could be a new way to talk about being juiced to the gills. I wish he would have said “hepped up,” though, because that’s way snappier.
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 31
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 40
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL