Apr 5, 2011, 10:31 AM EST
Roger Clemens and Mike Piazza were in Las Vegas for a celebrity golf tournament the other day and they did some radio together. Of course, the topic turned to the bat incident from the 2000 World Series. I’d like to say something super interesting happened during the interview, but not really. Here’s Piazza:
I saw him catch the bat head and you know he was just so geeked up that I just think that he was kind of like catch it and get this crap outta here, so that’s what I feel like. I really don’t feel and again I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. I don’t feel like he really threw it at me. I’m not saying he threw it at me. I’m saying maybe he felt like he was just throwing it and maybe I’m trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I felt like honestly he hit me in the head, so if he was going to throw the bat I felt like he might have hit me with the bat, so again I look back and it was just one of those weird things.
Always succinct, that Piazza. He’s got a book coming out soon. I hope he’s paying his ghost writer well.
I do like the use of the phrase “geeked up,” though. Depending on who you believe in the upcoming perjury trial, that could either mean excited or it could be a new way to talk about being juiced to the gills. I wish he would have said “hepped up,” though, because that’s way snappier.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)