Apr 5, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Mike Stanton hasn’t played since Opening Day because of a hamstring injury, but Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that there are no plans to place him on the disabled list and Stanton is hoping to be back in the lineup Friday.
In the meantime he’ll be available to pinch-hit, although if the Marlins do decide to put Stanton on the shelf any pinch-hitting appearances would ruin their ability to backdate the DL stint.
- Report: Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 0
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 196
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (196)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (91)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)