Apr 5, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Mike Stanton hasn’t played since Opening Day because of a hamstring injury, but Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that there are no plans to place him on the disabled list and Stanton is hoping to be back in the lineup Friday.
In the meantime he’ll be available to pinch-hit, although if the Marlins do decide to put Stanton on the shelf any pinch-hitting appearances would ruin their ability to backdate the DL stint.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 0
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 10
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 1
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (95)