Apr 5, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Mike Stanton hasn’t played since Opening Day because of a hamstring injury, but Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that there are no plans to place him on the disabled list and Stanton is hoping to be back in the lineup Friday.
In the meantime he’ll be available to pinch-hit, although if the Marlins do decide to put Stanton on the shelf any pinch-hitting appearances would ruin their ability to backdate the DL stint.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 20
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)