Apr 5, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Mike Stanton hasn’t played since Opening Day because of a hamstring injury, but Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that there are no plans to place him on the disabled list and Stanton is hoping to be back in the lineup Friday.
In the meantime he’ll be available to pinch-hit, although if the Marlins do decide to put Stanton on the shelf any pinch-hitting appearances would ruin their ability to backdate the DL stint.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (89)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)