Apr 5, 2011, 9:13 AM EST
I noted in ATH that Nelson Cruz had homered in four straight games to open the season, but I wasn’t aware that this was a record. According to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, only two others have done that before: Willie Mays in 1971 and Mark McGwire in 1998.
Cruz faces Mariners’ rookie Michael Pineda tonight. A home run puts him all alone in the dingers-to-start-the-year category.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)