Apr 6, 2011, 9:55 AM EDT
UPDATE: Brett Ballantini of CSN Chicago reports that the procedure was a laproscopic appendectomy — which is far less-invasive than the slice-and-dice you got as a kid — and that the team estimates that Dunn will only be out up to five days.
9:55AM: Tough break for the White Sox as it’s being reported that Adam Dunn had an emergency appendectomy this morning. He apprently fell-ill last night after the Royals-Sox game.
As the Cardinals are learning with Matt Holliday, the time for recovery may not be extensive, but look for the Donkey to be out of the lineup for at least a couple of weeks.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 62
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 42
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 45
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 66
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead