Apr 6, 2011, 9:55 AM EDT
UPDATE: Brett Ballantini of CSN Chicago reports that the procedure was a laproscopic appendectomy — which is far less-invasive than the slice-and-dice you got as a kid — and that the team estimates that Dunn will only be out up to five days.
9:55AM: Tough break for the White Sox as it’s being reported that Adam Dunn had an emergency appendectomy this morning. He apprently fell-ill last night after the Royals-Sox game.
As the Cardinals are learning with Matt Holliday, the time for recovery may not be extensive, but look for the Donkey to be out of the lineup for at least a couple of weeks.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 11
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 36
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)