Apr 6, 2011, 9:55 AM EDT
UPDATE: Brett Ballantini of CSN Chicago reports that the procedure was a laproscopic appendectomy — which is far less-invasive than the slice-and-dice you got as a kid — and that the team estimates that Dunn will only be out up to five days.
9:55AM: Tough break for the White Sox as it’s being reported that Adam Dunn had an emergency appendectomy this morning. He apprently fell-ill last night after the Royals-Sox game.
As the Cardinals are learning with Matt Holliday, the time for recovery may not be extensive, but look for the Donkey to be out of the lineup for at least a couple of weeks.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 32
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 43
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 37
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 84
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 89
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (190)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)