Apr 6, 2011, 9:55 AM EDT
UPDATE: Brett Ballantini of CSN Chicago reports that the procedure was a laproscopic appendectomy — which is far less-invasive than the slice-and-dice you got as a kid — and that the team estimates that Dunn will only be out up to five days.
9:55AM: Tough break for the White Sox as it’s being reported that Adam Dunn had an emergency appendectomy this morning. He apprently fell-ill last night after the Royals-Sox game.
As the Cardinals are learning with Matt Holliday, the time for recovery may not be extensive, but look for the Donkey to be out of the lineup for at least a couple of weeks.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 14
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 28
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 208
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (207)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)