Apr 6, 2011, 9:55 AM EST
UPDATE: Brett Ballantini of CSN Chicago reports that the procedure was a laproscopic appendectomy — which is far less-invasive than the slice-and-dice you got as a kid — and that the team estimates that Dunn will only be out up to five days.
9:55AM: Tough break for the White Sox as it’s being reported that Adam Dunn had an emergency appendectomy this morning. He apprently fell-ill last night after the Royals-Sox game.
As the Cardinals are learning with Matt Holliday, the time for recovery may not be extensive, but look for the Donkey to be out of the lineup for at least a couple of weeks.
- Troy Tulowitzki trade between the Rockies and Mets is “not happening” 0
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 21
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 15
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)