Apr 6, 2011, 3:22 PM EST
UPDATE: I’m not sure exactly what happened here, but apparently Braden is just fine and will start as scheduled tonight.
This morning Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle wrote:
And now she writes:
For the record, the Athletics say there is no change in their starting pitcher. It’s Braden, as Buster Olney reported hours ago.
So much for “confirmed.”
Dallas Braden has been scratched from tonight’s scheduled start against the Blue Jays and Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle notes that there’s speculation about him having a neck injury, but the A’s have yet to confirm or deny that.
Tyson Ross will be called up and may start in Braden’s place after losing the fifth-starter battle to Brandon McCarthy during spring training, but it could be just a one-start cameo because even if Braden can’t avoid the disabled list his stint could be backdated to his final spring start and make him eligible to return next week.
Assuming that Braden’s injury isn’t serious, of course. We should know more on that in a bit.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)