Apr 6, 2011, 10:28 PM EDT
The Angels might be without shortstop Erick Aybar for the next several days.
According to Kevin Baxter of the Los Angeles Times, Aybar underwent an MRI on his left side Wednesday that revealed an oblique muscle strain.
The Angels have not yet placed Aybar on the 15-day disabled list and are obviously hoping that he won’t need to go, but time will tell on that matter.
If he’s not feeling any progress by this weekend, the Halos will have no choice but to pull the trigger and bring in more infield depth from the minors.
“We’ll evaluate it,” Angels manager Mike Scioscia said Wednesday. “He’s only been able to bunt. We’ll see how he is Friday, if he can maybe be part of the game a little bit more if we need him to do something.”
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 0
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 53
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)