Apr 6, 2011, 10:28 PM EDT
The Angels might be without shortstop Erick Aybar for the next several days.
According to Kevin Baxter of the Los Angeles Times, Aybar underwent an MRI on his left side Wednesday that revealed an oblique muscle strain.
The Angels have not yet placed Aybar on the 15-day disabled list and are obviously hoping that he won’t need to go, but time will tell on that matter.
If he’s not feeling any progress by this weekend, the Halos will have no choice but to pull the trigger and bring in more infield depth from the minors.
“We’ll evaluate it,” Angels manager Mike Scioscia said Wednesday. “He’s only been able to bunt. We’ll see how he is Friday, if he can maybe be part of the game a little bit more if we need him to do something.”
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 0
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 11
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 8
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles