Apr 6, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
He returns after being sidelined for the minimum 15 days, with the DL stint backdated to his last spring training appearance on March 23.
To make room for Wilson on the roster the Giants put setup man Santiago Casilla on the DL with elbow soreness, so the bullpen won’t be at full strength even with the closer back.
San Francisco also announced that first baseman Travis Ishikawa, who was designated for assignment near the end of camp, cleared waivers and has accepted a demotion to Triple-A. Getting back to the majors will be tougher for Ishikawa now that he’s no longer on the 40-man roster.
- Rays play Saturday’s game against the Blue Jays under protest 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 33
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 242
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (242)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)