Apr 6, 2011, 1:52 PM EST
He returns after being sidelined for the minimum 15 days, with the DL stint backdated to his last spring training appearance on March 23.
To make room for Wilson on the roster the Giants put setup man Santiago Casilla on the DL with elbow soreness, so the bullpen won’t be at full strength even with the closer back.
San Francisco also announced that first baseman Travis Ishikawa, who was designated for assignment near the end of camp, cleared waivers and has accepted a demotion to Triple-A. Getting back to the majors will be tougher for Ishikawa now that he’s no longer on the 40-man roster.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 64
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 22
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)