Apr 6, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
He returns after being sidelined for the minimum 15 days, with the DL stint backdated to his last spring training appearance on March 23.
To make room for Wilson on the roster the Giants put setup man Santiago Casilla on the DL with elbow soreness, so the bullpen won’t be at full strength even with the closer back.
San Francisco also announced that first baseman Travis Ishikawa, who was designated for assignment near the end of camp, cleared waivers and has accepted a demotion to Triple-A. Getting back to the majors will be tougher for Ishikawa now that he’s no longer on the 40-man roster.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 41
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 44
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 65
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims