Apr 6, 2011, 1:52 PM EST
He returns after being sidelined for the minimum 15 days, with the DL stint backdated to his last spring training appearance on March 23.
To make room for Wilson on the roster the Giants put setup man Santiago Casilla on the DL with elbow soreness, so the bullpen won’t be at full strength even with the closer back.
San Francisco also announced that first baseman Travis Ishikawa, who was designated for assignment near the end of camp, cleared waivers and has accepted a demotion to Triple-A. Getting back to the majors will be tougher for Ishikawa now that he’s no longer on the 40-man roster.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 75
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)