Apr 6, 2011, 3:50 PM EST
Guthrie actually broke the news himself via Twitter:
I’m free! On my way out of hospital & on the road to recovery. Special thanx to the nurses, doctors & my sweet wife. Thanks for your prayers.
He spent two nights in the hospital, but Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com reports that the Orioles are still hopeful he’ll be able to jump back into the rotation as soon as Sunday. Brad Bergesen is starting in his place versus Justin Verlander tonight.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 70
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)