Apr 6, 2011, 1:35 PM EDT
Down in Florida — and just about everywhere else — you lose your license for a year if you refuse a breath test when pulled over for a DUI. Miguel Cabrera did that when he was pulled over at the beginning of spring training and today is the hearing that will determine if his license will be revoked.
Given that the standard is whether officers had probable cause to arrest Cabrera — and based on his behavior at the time of his arrest, they did — it seems likely that his license will in fact be revoked.
And the thing about it is: absolutely no one will be a loser in this matter if it happens.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)