Apr 6, 2011, 8:04 PM EDT
Wilson talks about his recovery from a late-spring oblique injury, the Giants’ start thus far, staff ace Tim Lincecum, and the party that will greet Giants fans when AT&T Park is opened on Friday.
The Giants activated Wilson from the 15-day disabled list on Wednesday afternoon and will probably try to use him in a low-pressure situation during tonight’s game in San Diego against the Padres. He should be cleared to resume his normal ninth inning duties by the end of this week.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)