Apr 6, 2011, 8:04 PM EDT
Wilson talks about his recovery from a late-spring oblique injury, the Giants’ start thus far, staff ace Tim Lincecum, and the party that will greet Giants fans when AT&T Park is opened on Friday.
The Giants activated Wilson from the 15-day disabled list on Wednesday afternoon and will probably try to use him in a low-pressure situation during tonight’s game in San Diego against the Padres. He should be cleared to resume his normal ninth inning duties by the end of this week.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (250)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)