Apr 6, 2011, 8:04 PM EDT
Wilson talks about his recovery from a late-spring oblique injury, the Giants’ start thus far, staff ace Tim Lincecum, and the party that will greet Giants fans when AT&T Park is opened on Friday.
The Giants activated Wilson from the 15-day disabled list on Wednesday afternoon and will probably try to use him in a low-pressure situation during tonight’s game in San Diego against the Padres. He should be cleared to resume his normal ninth inning duties by the end of this week.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)