Apr 7, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
Adam Dunn had an appendectomy at 2AM yesterday morning. Despite this, he tells Brett Ballantini of CSN Chicago that he’d like to play against the Rays today in the White Sox’ home opener. He also said that he has healing powers like Wolverine, so it shouldn’t be a problem.
It seems silly for Dunn to come back so quickly, but part of me would love it, given that so many Reds fans (and announcers named Marty Brennaman) liked to talk about Dunn as if he were a shiftless anti-gamer who didn’t care about baseball. Which was never a legitimate criticism of the guy even if his defense is terrible. Oh, and given that Ozzie Guillen used Juan Pierre as a DH yesterday, I’m guessing the White Sox would like to see him back.
Oh, and I’d like him to hit a Roy Hobbs-style homer run, stitches bleeding through his jersey too. Day game, though, so the lights exploding won’t look as good.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)