Apr 7, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Adam Dunn had an appendectomy at 2AM yesterday morning. Despite this, he tells Brett Ballantini of CSN Chicago that he’d like to play against the Rays today in the White Sox’ home opener. He also said that he has healing powers like Wolverine, so it shouldn’t be a problem.
It seems silly for Dunn to come back so quickly, but part of me would love it, given that so many Reds fans (and announcers named Marty Brennaman) liked to talk about Dunn as if he were a shiftless anti-gamer who didn’t care about baseball. Which was never a legitimate criticism of the guy even if his defense is terrible. Oh, and given that Ozzie Guillen used Juan Pierre as a DH yesterday, I’m guessing the White Sox would like to see him back.
Oh, and I’d like him to hit a Roy Hobbs-style homer run, stitches bleeding through his jersey too. Day game, though, so the lights exploding won’t look as good.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)