Apr 7, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Adam Dunn had an appendectomy at 2AM yesterday morning. Despite this, he tells Brett Ballantini of CSN Chicago that he’d like to play against the Rays today in the White Sox’ home opener. He also said that he has healing powers like Wolverine, so it shouldn’t be a problem.
It seems silly for Dunn to come back so quickly, but part of me would love it, given that so many Reds fans (and announcers named Marty Brennaman) liked to talk about Dunn as if he were a shiftless anti-gamer who didn’t care about baseball. Which was never a legitimate criticism of the guy even if his defense is terrible. Oh, and given that Ozzie Guillen used Juan Pierre as a DH yesterday, I’m guessing the White Sox would like to see him back.
Oh, and I’d like him to hit a Roy Hobbs-style homer run, stitches bleeding through his jersey too. Day game, though, so the lights exploding won’t look as good.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)