Apr 7, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
Adam Dunn had an appendectomy at 2AM yesterday morning. Despite this, he tells Brett Ballantini of CSN Chicago that he’d like to play against the Rays today in the White Sox’ home opener. He also said that he has healing powers like Wolverine, so it shouldn’t be a problem.
It seems silly for Dunn to come back so quickly, but part of me would love it, given that so many Reds fans (and announcers named Marty Brennaman) liked to talk about Dunn as if he were a shiftless anti-gamer who didn’t care about baseball. Which was never a legitimate criticism of the guy even if his defense is terrible. Oh, and given that Ozzie Guillen used Juan Pierre as a DH yesterday, I’m guessing the White Sox would like to see him back.
Oh, and I’d like him to hit a Roy Hobbs-style homer run, stitches bleeding through his jersey too. Day game, though, so the lights exploding won’t look as good.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 19
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 40
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)