Apr 7, 2011, 8:22 PM EDT
Mariners backup catcher Adam Moore was pulled from Wednesday’s game against the Rangers in the eighth inning after injuring his knee while trying to chase after a ball in the dirt.
Moore had to be helped off the field by two trainers and Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times noticed that the 26-year-old could barely take his socks off in the clubhouse afterward.
It was an injury that looked rather serious. And now we have confirmation that it was indeed very serious.
From the Mariners’ official Twitter feed comes word that Moore has been diagnosed with a medial meniscus tear in his right knee and will require surgery.
The M’s are likely to promote veteran catcher Josh Bard from Triple-A Tacoma to serve as Miguel Olivo‘s backup. Moore could be sidelined for up to two months while in recovery mode. He was 1-for-6 on the year.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 2
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)