Apr 7, 2011, 2:36 PM EST
Craig touched on this in his “And That Happened” this morning, but here’s the video of Tony La Russa getting incredibly annoyed at questions about the Cardinals’ offensive struggles, lecturing reporters about how silly it is to be asking this stuff after one week, and then quitting the press conference:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
I tend to agree with La Russa in the sense that we’re about three percent into the season and if this were the NFL it would be halftime of the first game, but the question was merely designed to get a usable quote and it would have been tough for him to handle things any worse than he does in the above video.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)