Apr 7, 2011, 2:36 PM EDT
Craig touched on this in his “And That Happened” this morning, but here’s the video of Tony La Russa getting incredibly annoyed at questions about the Cardinals’ offensive struggles, lecturing reporters about how silly it is to be asking this stuff after one week, and then quitting the press conference:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
I tend to agree with La Russa in the sense that we’re about three percent into the season and if this were the NFL it would be halftime of the first game, but the question was merely designed to get a usable quote and it would have been tough for him to handle things any worse than he does in the above video.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)