Apr 7, 2011, 2:36 PM EDT
Craig touched on this in his “And That Happened” this morning, but here’s the video of Tony La Russa getting incredibly annoyed at questions about the Cardinals’ offensive struggles, lecturing reporters about how silly it is to be asking this stuff after one week, and then quitting the press conference:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
I tend to agree with La Russa in the sense that we’re about three percent into the season and if this were the NFL it would be halftime of the first game, but the question was merely designed to get a usable quote and it would have been tough for him to handle things any worse than he does in the above video.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)