Apr 7, 2011, 2:36 PM EDT
Craig touched on this in his “And That Happened” this morning, but here’s the video of Tony La Russa getting incredibly annoyed at questions about the Cardinals’ offensive struggles, lecturing reporters about how silly it is to be asking this stuff after one week, and then quitting the press conference:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
I tend to agree with La Russa in the sense that we’re about three percent into the season and if this were the NFL it would be halftime of the first game, but the question was merely designed to get a usable quote and it would have been tough for him to handle things any worse than he does in the above video.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 18
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 14
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 79
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)