Apr 8, 2011, 1:36 PM EDT
Barry Bonds’ non-testifying former trainer has been released from prison, reports the Daily News.
This is not terribly surprising given that the evidence-portion of the trial is over and his testimony is no longer required, thus no longer in need of being compelled. It will be interesting to see now, however, whether he will be prosecuted for his continuing failure to testify, which is a totally different thing than being jailed in order to make him talk.
If the prosecution loses the Bonds case, I bet there will be some people there who will want to make him pay.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)