Apr 8, 2011, 9:51 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez had to carried off the field during the seventh inning of tonight’s game against the Astros after Bill Hall tried to break up a double play at second base. As you can see in this picture passed along by Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Ramirez was unable to put any weight on his left leg or foot.
It was easy to think to think the worst at the time, especially considering his reaction immediately following the slide, but Rodriguez reports that Ramirez suffered a left leg contusion and is listed as day-to-day.
And what you just saw was the Marlins’ entire season flashing before their eyes.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)