Apr 8, 2011, 9:51 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez had to carried off the field during the seventh inning of tonight’s game against the Astros after Bill Hall tried to break up a double play at second base. As you can see in this picture passed along by Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Ramirez was unable to put any weight on his left leg or foot.
It was easy to think to think the worst at the time, especially considering his reaction immediately following the slide, but Rodriguez reports that Ramirez suffered a left leg contusion and is listed as day-to-day.
And what you just saw was the Marlins’ entire season flashing before their eyes.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (224)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)