Apr 8, 2011, 9:51 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez had to carried off the field during the seventh inning of tonight’s game against the Astros after Bill Hall tried to break up a double play at second base. As you can see in this picture passed along by Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Ramirez was unable to put any weight on his left leg or foot.
It was easy to think to think the worst at the time, especially considering his reaction immediately following the slide, but Rodriguez reports that Ramirez suffered a left leg contusion and is listed as day-to-day.
And what you just saw was the Marlins’ entire season flashing before their eyes.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69