Apr 8, 2011, 9:51 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez had to carried off the field during the seventh inning of tonight’s game against the Astros after Bill Hall tried to break up a double play at second base. As you can see in this picture passed along by Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Ramirez was unable to put any weight on his left leg or foot.
It was easy to think to think the worst at the time, especially considering his reaction immediately following the slide, but Rodriguez reports that Ramirez suffered a left leg contusion and is listed as day-to-day.
And what you just saw was the Marlins’ entire season flashing before their eyes.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (115)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)