Apr 8, 2011, 9:51 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez had to carried off the field during the seventh inning of tonight’s game against the Astros after Bill Hall tried to break up a double play at second base. As you can see in this picture passed along by Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Ramirez was unable to put any weight on his left leg or foot.
It was easy to think to think the worst at the time, especially considering his reaction immediately following the slide, but Rodriguez reports that Ramirez suffered a left leg contusion and is listed as day-to-day.
And what you just saw was the Marlins’ entire season flashing before their eyes.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)