Apr 8, 2011, 11:19 AM EST
Jake Peavy will begin his rehab assignment tonight at Double-A and pitching coach Don Cooper indicated that he’ll be asked to make three additional starts in the minors before potentially rejoining the White Sox’s rotation.
That would put Peavy on track to come off the disabled list around May 5, which is the start of a nine-game road trip. Before that can happen he’ll need to avoid a setback and build up his arm strength, as Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that Peavy is slated to throw about 75 pitches tonight.
Philip Humber, who replaced Peavy in the rotation, is set to make his first start tomorrow against the Rays after making two appearances as a reliever. Peavy hasn’t pitched since July of last season because of shoulder problems.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 12
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 40
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15