Apr 8, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
The jury considering Barry Bonds’ fate deliberated for about seven hours today but reached no verdict. The judge thus dismissed them for the weekend. They’ll reconvene Monday.
It’s hard to tell what to make of jury questions, but during the day today jurors asked the judge to have the recording of the conversation between Steve Hoskins and Greg Anderson replayed (they had initially asked for the transcript, but they can’t have it because it wasn’t put into evidence). They also asked to hear the testimony of Kathy Hoskins once again. Kathy Hoskins, you’ll recall, testified that she saw Barry Bonds injected with a syringe by Greg Anderson. The defense asked for, and was granted, an instruction to the jury from the judge that one of the prosecutors misspoke during his closing statement yesterday when he said that a Giants trainer used to use flaxseed oil on players. Contrary to the prosecutor’s claim, Giants former head trainer Stan Conte did not say that.
Nothing much else to latch onto from a quiet day in court. Kathy Hoskins’ testimony will be read to the jury on Monday. We’ll obviously have updates for you as warranted.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 14
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 26
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 68
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)