Apr 8, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
The jury considering Barry Bonds’ fate deliberated for about seven hours today but reached no verdict. The judge thus dismissed them for the weekend. They’ll reconvene Monday.
It’s hard to tell what to make of jury questions, but during the day today jurors asked the judge to have the recording of the conversation between Steve Hoskins and Greg Anderson replayed (they had initially asked for the transcript, but they can’t have it because it wasn’t put into evidence). They also asked to hear the testimony of Kathy Hoskins once again. Kathy Hoskins, you’ll recall, testified that she saw Barry Bonds injected with a syringe by Greg Anderson. The defense asked for, and was granted, an instruction to the jury from the judge that one of the prosecutors misspoke during his closing statement yesterday when he said that a Giants trainer used to use flaxseed oil on players. Contrary to the prosecutor’s claim, Giants former head trainer Stan Conte did not say that.
Nothing much else to latch onto from a quiet day in court. Kathy Hoskins’ testimony will be read to the jury on Monday. We’ll obviously have updates for you as warranted.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 10
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 68
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 72
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (147)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)