Apr 8, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
The jury considering Barry Bonds’ fate deliberated for about seven hours today but reached no verdict. The judge thus dismissed them for the weekend. They’ll reconvene Monday.
It’s hard to tell what to make of jury questions, but during the day today jurors asked the judge to have the recording of the conversation between Steve Hoskins and Greg Anderson replayed (they had initially asked for the transcript, but they can’t have it because it wasn’t put into evidence). They also asked to hear the testimony of Kathy Hoskins once again. Kathy Hoskins, you’ll recall, testified that she saw Barry Bonds injected with a syringe by Greg Anderson. The defense asked for, and was granted, an instruction to the jury from the judge that one of the prosecutors misspoke during his closing statement yesterday when he said that a Giants trainer used to use flaxseed oil on players. Contrary to the prosecutor’s claim, Giants former head trainer Stan Conte did not say that.
Nothing much else to latch onto from a quiet day in court. Kathy Hoskins’ testimony will be read to the jury on Monday. We’ll obviously have updates for you as warranted.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)