Apr 8, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
The jury considering Barry Bonds’ fate deliberated for about seven hours today but reached no verdict. The judge thus dismissed them for the weekend. They’ll reconvene Monday.
It’s hard to tell what to make of jury questions, but during the day today jurors asked the judge to have the recording of the conversation between Steve Hoskins and Greg Anderson replayed (they had initially asked for the transcript, but they can’t have it because it wasn’t put into evidence). They also asked to hear the testimony of Kathy Hoskins once again. Kathy Hoskins, you’ll recall, testified that she saw Barry Bonds injected with a syringe by Greg Anderson. The defense asked for, and was granted, an instruction to the jury from the judge that one of the prosecutors misspoke during his closing statement yesterday when he said that a Giants trainer used to use flaxseed oil on players. Contrary to the prosecutor’s claim, Giants former head trainer Stan Conte did not say that.
Nothing much else to latch onto from a quiet day in court. Kathy Hoskins’ testimony will be read to the jury on Monday. We’ll obviously have updates for you as warranted.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 152
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (152)
- My imaginary Hall of Fame ballot (89)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (82)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)