Apr 8, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
The jury considering Barry Bonds’ fate deliberated for about seven hours today but reached no verdict. The judge thus dismissed them for the weekend. They’ll reconvene Monday.
It’s hard to tell what to make of jury questions, but during the day today jurors asked the judge to have the recording of the conversation between Steve Hoskins and Greg Anderson replayed (they had initially asked for the transcript, but they can’t have it because it wasn’t put into evidence). They also asked to hear the testimony of Kathy Hoskins once again. Kathy Hoskins, you’ll recall, testified that she saw Barry Bonds injected with a syringe by Greg Anderson. The defense asked for, and was granted, an instruction to the jury from the judge that one of the prosecutors misspoke during his closing statement yesterday when he said that a Giants trainer used to use flaxseed oil on players. Contrary to the prosecutor’s claim, Giants former head trainer Stan Conte did not say that.
Nothing much else to latch onto from a quiet day in court. Kathy Hoskins’ testimony will be read to the jury on Monday. We’ll obviously have updates for you as warranted.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims