Apr 8, 2011, 7:42 PM EDT
So everyone knows the big news by now: Manny Ramirez has called it a career after failing a drug test for the second time since 2009.
Craig has a great analysis of Ramirez’s legacy right here, and also writes about the chances — or lack thereof — of the slugger being elected to the Hall of Fame.
But now it’s your turn to chime in. The polls are open now. Do you think Manny will get a chance to be Manny at a Cooperstown induction ceremony? Go ahead and rock the vote, then discuss in the comments section.
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 42
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)