Apr 8, 2011, 7:42 PM EDT
So everyone knows the big news by now: Manny Ramirez has called it a career after failing a drug test for the second time since 2009.
Craig has a great analysis of Ramirez’s legacy right here, and also writes about the chances — or lack thereof — of the slugger being elected to the Hall of Fame.
But now it’s your turn to chime in. The polls are open now. Do you think Manny will get a chance to be Manny at a Cooperstown induction ceremony? Go ahead and rock the vote, then discuss in the comments section.
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 24
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 61
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 113
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)