Apr 8, 2011, 1:54 PM EST
It’s Friday. There isn’t a ton of actual news happening. The government is probably gonna shut down soon. And while those things are wonderful, the best part of the day is daytime baseball!
We’re flexing our East Coast Bias muscles today, going with the Yankees vs. the Red Sox. The game starts at 2:05 Eastern. Best part: if it really stinks, we may be persuaded to change it to Royals vs. Tigers at 3!
Come on in, take a load off and gab.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)