Apr 9, 2011, 1:34 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com, Roberts is in the starting lineup for the first game of today’s doubleheader.
11:03 AM: According to Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com, tests on Roberts’ stomach issue came back negative and he has been cleared to play. However, his availability for today’s doubleheader against the Rangers is not yet known.
Friday, 9:44 PM: The Orioles might be leading the American League East with a 5-1 record, but they’re also pacing the competition in hospital visits recently.
According to Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com, Brian Roberts was taken to the hospital with a stomach issue prior to tonight’s game against the Rangers. He alerted the Orioles’ medical staff about 20 minutes before game-time and was a late scratch from the lineup, which ultimately didn’t matter because the game was postponed due to rain. The teams will play a doubleheader tomorrow.
Orioles manager Buck Showalter said they will see how Roberts feels in the morning before determining his availability. Doesn’t it feel like it’s always something with this guy?
Roberts, 33, appeared in just 59 games last season due to a lengthy absence with a herniated disk in his back. He missed the final six games of the season after hitting himself in the helmet with his bat.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona