Apr 9, 2011, 1:34 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com, Roberts is in the starting lineup for the first game of today’s doubleheader.
11:03 AM: According to Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com, tests on Roberts’ stomach issue came back negative and he has been cleared to play. However, his availability for today’s doubleheader against the Rangers is not yet known.
Friday, 9:44 PM: The Orioles might be leading the American League East with a 5-1 record, but they’re also pacing the competition in hospital visits recently.
According to Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com, Brian Roberts was taken to the hospital with a stomach issue prior to tonight’s game against the Rangers. He alerted the Orioles’ medical staff about 20 minutes before game-time and was a late scratch from the lineup, which ultimately didn’t matter because the game was postponed due to rain. The teams will play a doubleheader tomorrow.
Orioles manager Buck Showalter said they will see how Roberts feels in the morning before determining his availability. Doesn’t it feel like it’s always something with this guy?
Roberts, 33, appeared in just 59 games last season due to a lengthy absence with a herniated disk in his back. He missed the final six games of the season after hitting himself in the helmet with his bat.
- Who really owns a home run ball? 56
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 127
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Ryan Zimmerman is Mr. Walk-Off (and the numbers to prove it) 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)