Apr 9, 2011, 1:34 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com, Roberts is in the starting lineup for the first game of today’s doubleheader.
11:03 AM: According to Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com, tests on Roberts’ stomach issue came back negative and he has been cleared to play. However, his availability for today’s doubleheader against the Rangers is not yet known.
Friday, 9:44 PM: The Orioles might be leading the American League East with a 5-1 record, but they’re also pacing the competition in hospital visits recently.
According to Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com, Brian Roberts was taken to the hospital with a stomach issue prior to tonight’s game against the Rangers. He alerted the Orioles’ medical staff about 20 minutes before game-time and was a late scratch from the lineup, which ultimately didn’t matter because the game was postponed due to rain. The teams will play a doubleheader tomorrow.
Orioles manager Buck Showalter said they will see how Roberts feels in the morning before determining his availability. Doesn’t it feel like it’s always something with this guy?
Roberts, 33, appeared in just 59 games last season due to a lengthy absence with a herniated disk in his back. He missed the final six games of the season after hitting himself in the helmet with his bat.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 14
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 63
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)