Apr 9, 2011, 2:35 PM EDT
According to Phil Mackey of 1500ESPN.com, the Twins have placed Kevin Slowey on the 15-day disabled list with a shoulder strain. The 26-year-old right-hander was shut down after an appearance Monday with what Twins manager Ron Gardenhire initially called “biceps discomfort.”
Slowey was moved to the bullpen at the end of spring training after the final spot in the starting rotation was awarded to Scott Baker. He has allowed one run over 3 2/3 innings across his first three relief appearances this season while striking out three and walking one.
The Twins have called up Alex Burnett to take Slowey’s place on the active roster. The 23-year-old right-hander posted a 5.29 ERA and 37/23 K/BB ratio over 47 2/3 innings with the Twins last season.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)