Apr 9, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
Crasnick reported last month that the Athletics were interested in exploring a multi-year contract with the 23-year-old right-hander.
Specific terms of the contract aren’t yet available, but it wouldn’t be surprising if it was similar to the four-year, $12.5 million contract left-hander Brett Anderson signed last April. Cahill was set to be arbitration-eligible for the first time following the 2011 season.
Cahill garnered some down-ballot consideration for the American League Cy Young award last season after going 18-8 with a 2.97 ERA over 30 starts. He is 1-0 with a 1.42 ERA and 15/4 K/BB ratio over his first two starts this season.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)