Apr 9, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Crasnick reported last month that the Athletics were interested in exploring a multi-year contract with the 23-year-old right-hander.
Specific terms of the contract aren’t yet available, but it wouldn’t be surprising if it was similar to the four-year, $12.5 million contract left-hander Brett Anderson signed last April. Cahill was set to be arbitration-eligible for the first time following the 2011 season.
Cahill garnered some down-ballot consideration for the American League Cy Young award last season after going 18-8 with a 2.97 ERA over 30 starts. He is 1-0 with a 1.42 ERA and 15/4 K/BB ratio over his first two starts this season.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 6
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 31
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)