Apr 9, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Crasnick reported last month that the Athletics were interested in exploring a multi-year contract with the 23-year-old right-hander.
Specific terms of the contract aren’t yet available, but it wouldn’t be surprising if it was similar to the four-year, $12.5 million contract left-hander Brett Anderson signed last April. Cahill was set to be arbitration-eligible for the first time following the 2011 season.
Cahill garnered some down-ballot consideration for the American League Cy Young award last season after going 18-8 with a 2.97 ERA over 30 starts. He is 1-0 with a 1.42 ERA and 15/4 K/BB ratio over his first two starts this season.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)