Apr 9, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
As Craig told us earlier this week, Rob Dibble said in an interview with FOXSports.com that he was fired from his broadcasting gig with MASN because Stephen Strasburg‘s father sent an angry email to the Lerners.
“Neither Stephen nor his father had anything to do with this decision,” Kasten said. “Rob’s account is both fictional and, really, quite sad. I wish Rob the best and I hope he gets whatever help he needs.”
Nicely played, sir. However, it didn’t take Dibble long to fire back via his Twitter account. He eventually took down two of the tweets about Kasten, but as we all know, once something goes out on the internet, it’s there forever. Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post passed along the tweets in question, via Nationals Inquisition and Washington Nationals Fan Forum.
* If Stan Kasten keeps talking out of the side of his neck I will totally tell my side of The Sad Story. Your a Sad man Stan
* Funny, Ex Nats Pres who hired me says I need help, OK Meatloaf!
* The reason I kept quiet for 6 months is even I couldn’t repeat the filth that came out of Stan’s Mouth
* Mark Twain said, “If you tell the Truth you don’t have to Remember anything”
Classy stuff. You’d think Dibble would realize that he just keeps digging himself a deeper hole by rehashing any of this silliness.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 28
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 191
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (191)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)