Apr 9, 2011, 4:45 PM EST
As Craig told us earlier this week, Rob Dibble said in an interview with FOXSports.com that he was fired from his broadcasting gig with MASN because Stephen Strasburg‘s father sent an angry email to the Lerners.
“Neither Stephen nor his father had anything to do with this decision,” Kasten said. “Rob’s account is both fictional and, really, quite sad. I wish Rob the best and I hope he gets whatever help he needs.”
Nicely played, sir. However, it didn’t take Dibble long to fire back via his Twitter account. He eventually took down two of the tweets about Kasten, but as we all know, once something goes out on the internet, it’s there forever. Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post passed along the tweets in question, via Nationals Inquisition and Washington Nationals Fan Forum.
* If Stan Kasten keeps talking out of the side of his neck I will totally tell my side of The Sad Story. Your a Sad man Stan
* Funny, Ex Nats Pres who hired me says I need help, OK Meatloaf!
* The reason I kept quiet for 6 months is even I couldn’t repeat the filth that came out of Stan’s Mouth
* Mark Twain said, “If you tell the Truth you don’t have to Remember anything”
Classy stuff. You’d think Dibble would realize that he just keeps digging himself a deeper hole by rehashing any of this silliness.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)