Apr 9, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
As Craig told us earlier this week, Rob Dibble said in an interview with FOXSports.com that he was fired from his broadcasting gig with MASN because Stephen Strasburg‘s father sent an angry email to the Lerners.
“Neither Stephen nor his father had anything to do with this decision,” Kasten said. “Rob’s account is both fictional and, really, quite sad. I wish Rob the best and I hope he gets whatever help he needs.”
Nicely played, sir. However, it didn’t take Dibble long to fire back via his Twitter account. He eventually took down two of the tweets about Kasten, but as we all know, once something goes out on the internet, it’s there forever. Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post passed along the tweets in question, via Nationals Inquisition and Washington Nationals Fan Forum.
* If Stan Kasten keeps talking out of the side of his neck I will totally tell my side of The Sad Story. Your a Sad man Stan
* Funny, Ex Nats Pres who hired me says I need help, OK Meatloaf!
* The reason I kept quiet for 6 months is even I couldn’t repeat the filth that came out of Stan’s Mouth
* Mark Twain said, “If you tell the Truth you don’t have to Remember anything”
Classy stuff. You’d think Dibble would realize that he just keeps digging himself a deeper hole by rehashing any of this silliness.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)