Apr 9, 2011, 4:45 PM EST
As Craig told us earlier this week, Rob Dibble said in an interview with FOXSports.com that he was fired from his broadcasting gig with MASN because Stephen Strasburg‘s father sent an angry email to the Lerners.
“Neither Stephen nor his father had anything to do with this decision,” Kasten said. “Rob’s account is both fictional and, really, quite sad. I wish Rob the best and I hope he gets whatever help he needs.”
Nicely played, sir. However, it didn’t take Dibble long to fire back via his Twitter account. He eventually took down two of the tweets about Kasten, but as we all know, once something goes out on the internet, it’s there forever. Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post passed along the tweets in question, via Nationals Inquisition and Washington Nationals Fan Forum.
* If Stan Kasten keeps talking out of the side of his neck I will totally tell my side of The Sad Story. Your a Sad man Stan
* Funny, Ex Nats Pres who hired me says I need help, OK Meatloaf!
* The reason I kept quiet for 6 months is even I couldn’t repeat the filth that came out of Stan’s Mouth
* Mark Twain said, “If you tell the Truth you don’t have to Remember anything”
Classy stuff. You’d think Dibble would realize that he just keeps digging himself a deeper hole by rehashing any of this silliness.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 7
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)