Apr 9, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
Good news for the Brewers.
Zack Greinke threw another bullpen session this afternoon, his second since being shut down with a fractured rib in early-March.
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, the right-hander felt so good during the session that the Brewers are now considering moving up his timetable so that he’ll return from the disabled list before the end of April.
“Zack was really good today,” said manager Ron Roenicke. “He had good life on his fastball; threw some really good breaking balls. I was encouraged by it. He feels good.”
Brewers assistant general manager Gord Ash said earlier this afternoon that Greinke was on schedule to make two rehab starts with Triple-A Nashville in the final week of April, placing his return in the early part of May, but it looks like we’ll be seeing him at least a little bit sooner.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)