Apr 9, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
Good news for the Brewers.
Zack Greinke threw another bullpen session this afternoon, his second since being shut down with a fractured rib in early-March.
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, the right-hander felt so good during the session that the Brewers are now considering moving up his timetable so that he’ll return from the disabled list before the end of April.
“Zack was really good today,” said manager Ron Roenicke. “He had good life on his fastball; threw some really good breaking balls. I was encouraged by it. He feels good.”
Brewers assistant general manager Gord Ash said earlier this afternoon that Greinke was on schedule to make two rehab starts with Triple-A Nashville in the final week of April, placing his return in the early part of May, but it looks like we’ll be seeing him at least a little bit sooner.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (126)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)