Apr 10, 2011, 9:22 AM EDT
The Giants may be without starting center fielder Andres Torres for the next several days.
According to MLB.com beat writer Chris Haft, Torres had to be pulled from Saturday’s game against the Cardinals in the fourth inning after straining his left Achilles tendon while coming in on a Colby Rasmus shallow pop fly.
Torres was able to hobble off the field under his own power, but he was spotted exiting the clubhouse later with a walking boot and crutches.
Torres is scheduled to undergo an MRI on Sunday to help paint a clearer diagnosis. He was 0-for-1 in the game but is batting .286 with a .375 on-base percentage on the young season.
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot