Apr 10, 2011, 9:22 AM EDT
The Giants may be without starting center fielder Andres Torres for the next several days.
According to MLB.com beat writer Chris Haft, Torres had to be pulled from Saturday’s game against the Cardinals in the fourth inning after straining his left Achilles tendon while coming in on a Colby Rasmus shallow pop fly.
Torres was able to hobble off the field under his own power, but he was spotted exiting the clubhouse later with a walking boot and crutches.
Torres is scheduled to undergo an MRI on Sunday to help paint a clearer diagnosis. He was 0-for-1 in the game but is batting .286 with a .375 on-base percentage on the young season.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 67
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11