Apr 10, 2011, 9:22 AM EDT
The Giants may be without starting center fielder Andres Torres for the next several days.
According to MLB.com beat writer Chris Haft, Torres had to be pulled from Saturday’s game against the Cardinals in the fourth inning after straining his left Achilles tendon while coming in on a Colby Rasmus shallow pop fly.
Torres was able to hobble off the field under his own power, but he was spotted exiting the clubhouse later with a walking boot and crutches.
Torres is scheduled to undergo an MRI on Sunday to help paint a clearer diagnosis. He was 0-for-1 in the game but is batting .286 with a .375 on-base percentage on the young season.
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 2
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 57
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 83
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)