Apr 10, 2011, 9:22 AM EST
The Giants may be without starting center fielder Andres Torres for the next several days.
According to MLB.com beat writer Chris Haft, Torres had to be pulled from Saturday’s game against the Cardinals in the fourth inning after straining his left Achilles tendon while coming in on a Colby Rasmus shallow pop fly.
Torres was able to hobble off the field under his own power, but he was spotted exiting the clubhouse later with a walking boot and crutches.
Torres is scheduled to undergo an MRI on Sunday to help paint a clearer diagnosis. He was 0-for-1 in the game but is batting .286 with a .375 on-base percentage on the young season.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)