Apr 10, 2011, 9:22 AM EDT
The Giants may be without starting center fielder Andres Torres for the next several days.
According to MLB.com beat writer Chris Haft, Torres had to be pulled from Saturday’s game against the Cardinals in the fourth inning after straining his left Achilles tendon while coming in on a Colby Rasmus shallow pop fly.
Torres was able to hobble off the field under his own power, but he was spotted exiting the clubhouse later with a walking boot and crutches.
Torres is scheduled to undergo an MRI on Sunday to help paint a clearer diagnosis. He was 0-for-1 in the game but is batting .286 with a .375 on-base percentage on the young season.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)