Apr 10, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
Feeling better today. Not in the lineup but hope to be in there Tuesday
Ramirez gave fantasy owners around the world a scare on Friday when he had to be carried off the field after a takeout slide at second base.
But he was later diagnosed with a mild left leg contusion and is only going to miss a couple of games. That’s refreshing news considering the fractured fibula that Twins infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka‘s suffered on a very similar play.
Hanley is off to a slow start this season, batting just .207/.281/.310 with two RBI and five strikeouts through 29 at-bats, but he’s one of the most talented hitters in the sport and is sure to catch up.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 35
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 87
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)