Apr 10, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
Feeling better today. Not in the lineup but hope to be in there Tuesday
Ramirez gave fantasy owners around the world a scare on Friday when he had to be carried off the field after a takeout slide at second base.
But he was later diagnosed with a mild left leg contusion and is only going to miss a couple of games. That’s refreshing news considering the fractured fibula that Twins infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka‘s suffered on a very similar play.
Hanley is off to a slow start this season, batting just .207/.281/.310 with two RBI and five strikeouts through 29 at-bats, but he’s one of the most talented hitters in the sport and is sure to catch up.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 37
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)