Apr 10, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
Feeling better today. Not in the lineup but hope to be in there Tuesday
Ramirez gave fantasy owners around the world a scare on Friday when he had to be carried off the field after a takeout slide at second base.
But he was later diagnosed with a mild left leg contusion and is only going to miss a couple of games. That’s refreshing news considering the fractured fibula that Twins infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka‘s suffered on a very similar play.
Hanley is off to a slow start this season, batting just .207/.281/.310 with two RBI and five strikeouts through 29 at-bats, but he’s one of the most talented hitters in the sport and is sure to catch up.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)