Apr 10, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
Feeling better today. Not in the lineup but hope to be in there Tuesday
Ramirez gave fantasy owners around the world a scare on Friday when he had to be carried off the field after a takeout slide at second base.
But he was later diagnosed with a mild left leg contusion and is only going to miss a couple of games. That’s refreshing news considering the fractured fibula that Twins infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka‘s suffered on a very similar play.
Hanley is off to a slow start this season, batting just .207/.281/.310 with two RBI and five strikeouts through 29 at-bats, but he’s one of the most talented hitters in the sport and is sure to catch up.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 7
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)