Apr 11, 2011, 10:21 PM EDT
“Yeah, when he tells me he’s ready to go, I am going to give him an extra day,” White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said. “He talked to me yesterday. Every time he’s running, he’s uncomfortable there.
“We better wait to see how he’s running the bases a little bit. Very cautious for us. Obviously the pain is going to be there. How much he is going to tolerate, that is the question.”
Dunn was out of Monday’s lineup against the Athletics and assuming Guillen sits him tomorrow, he’ll at least be sidelined through Wednesday. The White Sox have a scheduled off-day Thursday, so they might very well push his return back to Friday’s series opener against the Angels.
Dunn went 4-for-14 with a home run, a double and five RBI over the first four games of the season before undergoing the procedure in the wee hours of the morning last Wednesday.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 260
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 14
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 29
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (259)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)