Apr 11, 2011, 10:21 PM EST
“Yeah, when he tells me he’s ready to go, I am going to give him an extra day,” White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said. “He talked to me yesterday. Every time he’s running, he’s uncomfortable there.
“We better wait to see how he’s running the bases a little bit. Very cautious for us. Obviously the pain is going to be there. How much he is going to tolerate, that is the question.”
Dunn was out of Monday’s lineup against the Athletics and assuming Guillen sits him tomorrow, he’ll at least be sidelined through Wednesday. The White Sox have a scheduled off-day Thursday, so they might very well push his return back to Friday’s series opener against the Angels.
Dunn went 4-for-14 with a home run, a double and five RBI over the first four games of the season before undergoing the procedure in the wee hours of the morning last Wednesday.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 118
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 30
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 35
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (124)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)