Apr 11, 2011, 10:21 PM EDT
“Yeah, when he tells me he’s ready to go, I am going to give him an extra day,” White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said. “He talked to me yesterday. Every time he’s running, he’s uncomfortable there.
“We better wait to see how he’s running the bases a little bit. Very cautious for us. Obviously the pain is going to be there. How much he is going to tolerate, that is the question.”
Dunn was out of Monday’s lineup against the Athletics and assuming Guillen sits him tomorrow, he’ll at least be sidelined through Wednesday. The White Sox have a scheduled off-day Thursday, so they might very well push his return back to Friday’s series opener against the Angels.
Dunn went 4-for-14 with a home run, a double and five RBI over the first four games of the season before undergoing the procedure in the wee hours of the morning last Wednesday.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 38
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 69
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 121
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 108
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (121)
- Fox’s World Series broadcast gets a low grade from The New York Times (110)