Apr 11, 2011, 10:21 PM EDT
“Yeah, when he tells me he’s ready to go, I am going to give him an extra day,” White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said. “He talked to me yesterday. Every time he’s running, he’s uncomfortable there.
“We better wait to see how he’s running the bases a little bit. Very cautious for us. Obviously the pain is going to be there. How much he is going to tolerate, that is the question.”
Dunn was out of Monday’s lineup against the Athletics and assuming Guillen sits him tomorrow, he’ll at least be sidelined through Wednesday. The White Sox have a scheduled off-day Thursday, so they might very well push his return back to Friday’s series opener against the Angels.
Dunn went 4-for-14 with a home run, a double and five RBI over the first four games of the season before undergoing the procedure in the wee hours of the morning last Wednesday.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 3
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)