Apr 11, 2011, 10:21 PM EDT
“Yeah, when he tells me he’s ready to go, I am going to give him an extra day,” White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said. “He talked to me yesterday. Every time he’s running, he’s uncomfortable there.
“We better wait to see how he’s running the bases a little bit. Very cautious for us. Obviously the pain is going to be there. How much he is going to tolerate, that is the question.”
Dunn was out of Monday’s lineup against the Athletics and assuming Guillen sits him tomorrow, he’ll at least be sidelined through Wednesday. The White Sox have a scheduled off-day Thursday, so they might very well push his return back to Friday’s series opener against the Angels.
Dunn went 4-for-14 with a home run, a double and five RBI over the first four games of the season before undergoing the procedure in the wee hours of the morning last Wednesday.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 26
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)