Apr 11, 2011, 3:47 PM EDT
Alexi Ogando‘s transition from reliever to starter has gone brilliantly, as he shut out the Tigers for seven innings this afternoon to give him 13 scoreless innings in two starts.
Unfortunately, he also left this afternoon’s start “because of fluid under a callous on his index finger,” according to Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com.
Ogando pitched through a blister in his first start, so presumably this is the same issue causing problems again.
It’d be a shame if the callous/blister cause him to miss significant time or eventually lead to a switch back to reliever, because Ogando has looked spectacular so far while sustaining his mid-90s fastball in longer outings. He’s allowed just four hits and three walks in 13 frames.
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 12
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 3
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 59
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games