Apr 11, 2011, 3:47 PM EDT
Alexi Ogando‘s transition from reliever to starter has gone brilliantly, as he shut out the Tigers for seven innings this afternoon to give him 13 scoreless innings in two starts.
Unfortunately, he also left this afternoon’s start “because of fluid under a callous on his index finger,” according to Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com.
Ogando pitched through a blister in his first start, so presumably this is the same issue causing problems again.
It’d be a shame if the callous/blister cause him to miss significant time or eventually lead to a switch back to reliever, because Ogando has looked spectacular so far while sustaining his mid-90s fastball in longer outings. He’s allowed just four hits and three walks in 13 frames.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)