Apr 11, 2011, 3:47 PM EDT
Alexi Ogando‘s transition from reliever to starter has gone brilliantly, as he shut out the Tigers for seven innings this afternoon to give him 13 scoreless innings in two starts.
Unfortunately, he also left this afternoon’s start “because of fluid under a callous on his index finger,” according to Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com.
Ogando pitched through a blister in his first start, so presumably this is the same issue causing problems again.
It’d be a shame if the callous/blister cause him to miss significant time or eventually lead to a switch back to reliever, because Ogando has looked spectacular so far while sustaining his mid-90s fastball in longer outings. He’s allowed just four hits and three walks in 13 frames.
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 6
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 16
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)