Apr 11, 2011, 11:32 AM EDT
The news about Joel Zumaya turned somber Sunday after the Tigers disclosed he felt pain during Thursday’s rehabilitation at Lakeland, Fla. … The Tigers will hold a conference call today that will include James Andrews, the orthopedic surgeon who has worked with Zumaya on a series of arm ailments.
Tough break for Joel Zumaya who has had nothing but tough breaks in the department for the past few years.
In other news, do you think that Dr. James Andrews’ neighbors down in Alabama chuckle to themselves when they say they’re going to have a visit with him? It’s not high comedy — it’s really on par with the time that I really and truly did need to go see a man about a dog — but I bet it never gets old to them.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)