Apr 11, 2011, 11:32 AM EDT
The news about Joel Zumaya turned somber Sunday after the Tigers disclosed he felt pain during Thursday’s rehabilitation at Lakeland, Fla. … The Tigers will hold a conference call today that will include James Andrews, the orthopedic surgeon who has worked with Zumaya on a series of arm ailments.
Tough break for Joel Zumaya who has had nothing but tough breaks in the department for the past few years.
In other news, do you think that Dr. James Andrews’ neighbors down in Alabama chuckle to themselves when they say they’re going to have a visit with him? It’s not high comedy — it’s really on par with the time that I really and truly did need to go see a man about a dog — but I bet it never gets old to them.
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 33
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 47
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 23
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (163)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)