Apr 11, 2011, 11:32 AM EDT
The news about Joel Zumaya turned somber Sunday after the Tigers disclosed he felt pain during Thursday’s rehabilitation at Lakeland, Fla. … The Tigers will hold a conference call today that will include James Andrews, the orthopedic surgeon who has worked with Zumaya on a series of arm ailments.
Tough break for Joel Zumaya who has had nothing but tough breaks in the department for the past few years.
In other news, do you think that Dr. James Andrews’ neighbors down in Alabama chuckle to themselves when they say they’re going to have a visit with him? It’s not high comedy — it’s really on par with the time that I really and truly did need to go see a man about a dog — but I bet it never gets old to them.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)