Apr 11, 2011, 8:23 AM EST
On Saturday we had the heat on and I wore a heavy coat to my kid’s soccer game. Yesterday we turned on the AC when it hit 80 inside the house. Ah, April in the Midwest …
- Manny Ramirez is going to Spain. Or Mars. Or wherever. What, you think he’s going to show up as a studio analyst or something? In the meantime, here’s what people are saying about him. It all pales compared to what Morgan Ensberg called him.
- “Back injury” is Kazmirian for “can’t pitch anymore”
- What’s next for Phil Hughes?
- Don’t call it a comeback! Snell’s been here for years! Pedro Martinez, though? That would be a comeback.
- Fat, past-their-prime pitchers who used to play for Chicago teams are the new market inefficiency. At least in the Bronx. In Chicago, they’re just signing guys who can’t pitch at all anymore.
- If you’re going to get into a war with Rob Dibble, words are probably the best form of ammunition to use.
- It was a good weekend to be a promising your starting pitcher.
- It was a bad weekend to be an oblique muscle.
And into the new week we go.
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 0
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (122)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)