Apr 11, 2011, 8:23 AM EDT
On Saturday we had the heat on and I wore a heavy coat to my kid’s soccer game. Yesterday we turned on the AC when it hit 80 inside the house. Ah, April in the Midwest …
- Manny Ramirez is going to Spain. Or Mars. Or wherever. What, you think he’s going to show up as a studio analyst or something? In the meantime, here’s what people are saying about him. It all pales compared to what Morgan Ensberg called him.
- “Back injury” is Kazmirian for “can’t pitch anymore”
- What’s next for Phil Hughes?
- Don’t call it a comeback! Snell’s been here for years! Pedro Martinez, though? That would be a comeback.
- Fat, past-their-prime pitchers who used to play for Chicago teams are the new market inefficiency. At least in the Bronx. In Chicago, they’re just signing guys who can’t pitch at all anymore.
- If you’re going to get into a war with Rob Dibble, words are probably the best form of ammunition to use.
- It was a good weekend to be a promising your starting pitcher.
- It was a bad weekend to be an oblique muscle.
And into the new week we go.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming