Apr 11, 2011, 8:23 AM EDT
On Saturday we had the heat on and I wore a heavy coat to my kid’s soccer game. Yesterday we turned on the AC when it hit 80 inside the house. Ah, April in the Midwest …
- Manny Ramirez is going to Spain. Or Mars. Or wherever. What, you think he’s going to show up as a studio analyst or something? In the meantime, here’s what people are saying about him. It all pales compared to what Morgan Ensberg called him.
- “Back injury” is Kazmirian for “can’t pitch anymore”
- What’s next for Phil Hughes?
- Don’t call it a comeback! Snell’s been here for years! Pedro Martinez, though? That would be a comeback.
- Fat, past-their-prime pitchers who used to play for Chicago teams are the new market inefficiency. At least in the Bronx. In Chicago, they’re just signing guys who can’t pitch at all anymore.
- If you’re going to get into a war with Rob Dibble, words are probably the best form of ammunition to use.
- It was a good weekend to be a promising your starting pitcher.
- It was a bad weekend to be an oblique muscle.
And into the new week we go.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 45
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 40
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)