Apr 11, 2011, 8:23 AM EDT
On Saturday we had the heat on and I wore a heavy coat to my kid’s soccer game. Yesterday we turned on the AC when it hit 80 inside the house. Ah, April in the Midwest …
- Manny Ramirez is going to Spain. Or Mars. Or wherever. What, you think he’s going to show up as a studio analyst or something? In the meantime, here’s what people are saying about him. It all pales compared to what Morgan Ensberg called him.
- “Back injury” is Kazmirian for “can’t pitch anymore”
- What’s next for Phil Hughes?
- Don’t call it a comeback! Snell’s been here for years! Pedro Martinez, though? That would be a comeback.
- Fat, past-their-prime pitchers who used to play for Chicago teams are the new market inefficiency. At least in the Bronx. In Chicago, they’re just signing guys who can’t pitch at all anymore.
- If you’re going to get into a war with Rob Dibble, words are probably the best form of ammunition to use.
- It was a good weekend to be a promising your starting pitcher.
- It was a bad weekend to be an oblique muscle.
And into the new week we go.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)