Apr 11, 2011, 8:23 AM EDT
On Saturday we had the heat on and I wore a heavy coat to my kid’s soccer game. Yesterday we turned on the AC when it hit 80 inside the house. Ah, April in the Midwest …
- Manny Ramirez is going to Spain. Or Mars. Or wherever. What, you think he’s going to show up as a studio analyst or something? In the meantime, here’s what people are saying about him. It all pales compared to what Morgan Ensberg called him.
- “Back injury” is Kazmirian for “can’t pitch anymore”
- What’s next for Phil Hughes?
- Don’t call it a comeback! Snell’s been here for years! Pedro Martinez, though? That would be a comeback.
- Fat, past-their-prime pitchers who used to play for Chicago teams are the new market inefficiency. At least in the Bronx. In Chicago, they’re just signing guys who can’t pitch at all anymore.
- If you’re going to get into a war with Rob Dibble, words are probably the best form of ammunition to use.
- It was a good weekend to be a promising your starting pitcher.
- It was a bad weekend to be an oblique muscle.
And into the new week we go.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)