Apr 11, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Magglio Ordonez returned to the Tigers’ lineup and started in right field today and sitting out Sunday’s game … and lasted just seven innings before leaving with what the team is calling an Achilles’ tendon injury.
Presumably today’s Achilles’ tendon problem is related to the broken ankle that caused him to miss the final 65 games of last season and limited him last week.
Jim Leyland told Jason Beck of MLB.com that he plans to rest Ordonez “until everything is right” and indicated that will involve at least a few days on the bench.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)