Apr 11, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Magglio Ordonez returned to the Tigers’ lineup and started in right field today and sitting out Sunday’s game … and lasted just seven innings before leaving with what the team is calling an Achilles’ tendon injury.
Presumably today’s Achilles’ tendon problem is related to the broken ankle that caused him to miss the final 65 games of last season and limited him last week.
Jim Leyland told Jason Beck of MLB.com that he plans to rest Ordonez “until everything is right” and indicated that will involve at least a few days on the bench.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 12
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (132)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)