Apr 11, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Magglio Ordonez returned to the Tigers’ lineup and started in right field today and sitting out Sunday’s game … and lasted just seven innings before leaving with what the team is calling an Achilles’ tendon injury.
Presumably today’s Achilles’ tendon problem is related to the broken ankle that caused him to miss the final 65 games of last season and limited him last week.
Jim Leyland told Jason Beck of MLB.com that he plans to rest Ordonez “until everything is right” and indicated that will involve at least a few days on the bench.
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 0
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 10
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 140
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (140)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)