Apr 11, 2011, 4:49 PM EST
Magglio Ordonez returned to the Tigers’ lineup and started in right field today and sitting out Sunday’s game … and lasted just seven innings before leaving with what the team is calling an Achilles’ tendon injury.
Presumably today’s Achilles’ tendon problem is related to the broken ankle that caused him to miss the final 65 games of last season and limited him last week.
Jim Leyland told Jason Beck of MLB.com that he plans to rest Ordonez “until everything is right” and indicated that will involve at least a few days on the bench.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)