Apr 11, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Magglio Ordonez returned to the Tigers’ lineup and started in right field today and sitting out Sunday’s game … and lasted just seven innings before leaving with what the team is calling an Achilles’ tendon injury.
Presumably today’s Achilles’ tendon problem is related to the broken ankle that caused him to miss the final 65 games of last season and limited him last week.
Jim Leyland told Jason Beck of MLB.com that he plans to rest Ordonez “until everything is right” and indicated that will involve at least a few days on the bench.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 46
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 78
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 51
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (95)