Apr 11, 2011, 12:18 PM EDT
Prior told the Associated Press afterward that his arm “feels fine” and his fastball reportedly averaged 90 miles per hour.
He can opt out of his minor-league contract with the Yankees by mid-June if he’s not in the majors, but as always with Prior staying healthy between now and then will be every bit as important as his actual performance.
Presumably if he continues to pitch well and stay injury free at Single-A the Yankees will move him up the minor-league ladder to test Prior against some hitters who aren’t a decade his junior.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (185)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)