Apr 11, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Milton Bradley was jeered by a few fans for the rest of the game after this error and at one point he even complained to the umpires to try and get the fans tossed. Later in the game Milton was seen at the plate with earplugs in as he once again failed to move the runner along in a key situation in the 8th where Chone Figgins led-off with a double and ended-up stranded by the meat of the order.
On the bright side, I can think of seven different worse ways Milton Bradley could have handled this, so good for him for the appeal to the umps and the earplugs.
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 17
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 12
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 15
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)