Apr 11, 2011, 7:08 PM EST
7:00 PM: Rajai Davis, who had a huge spring for the Blue Jays before injuring his ankle on April 1, is expected to miss at least the next couple of games after aggravating the injury and leaving Sunday’s contest.
Davis returned from the original injury on April 5, but he wasn’t feeling 100 percent at any point and Saturday’s 14-inning game took a toll.
“I think the innings didn’t help,” Davis said. “Then with such a quick turnover, playing an early game, day game, not much time to rest it. Really tough on it when it’s still healing.”
Davis, who is known for his blazing speed, stunned everyone by collecting four homers and eight doubles in 63 at-bats this spring. He hit .333/.386/.714 overall. However, the regular season has been a different story, as he was 5-for-32 with just one extra-base hit and nine strikeouts before exiting Sunday. That gave him a .156/.156/.188 line.
With Davis sidelined, Corey Patterson is slated to play center field for the Jays.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)