Apr 11, 2011, 6:10 PM EST
Rich Harden was slated to throw to hitters Monday for the first time since going on the disabled list, but the San Francisco Chronicle’s Susan Slusser reports that he had to be shut down again because of his strained lat muscle.
The 29-year-old Harden hasn’t been able to shake the ailment that took him off the mound just a couple of days after he reported to spring training in February. Originally expected to compete for a rotation spot, he’s now been sidelined for nearly two months and there’s no timetable for his return.
Harden opted to sign the A’s for $1.5 million over the winter, picking a return to his original organization over a similar offer from Colorado. If he contributes at all this season, it will most likely happen as a reliever.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)