Apr 11, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
I don’t know what constitutes “growing suspicion,” but given the problems with the pitching staff, I think the “not contending” part of that equation is going to be highly likely. And given the contract status of all three of those guys — Beltran and Reyes are in walk years and Rodriguez has an option that the Mets don’t really want to have vest — it seems that the three of them would be trade candidates regardless of what people are increasingly suspecting.
It all begins and ends, though, with what you can get for those guys. Not a ton for K-Rod, I presume, but if they show they’re healthy, you have to figure that Beltran and Reyes could garner some interest at least.
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 5
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- 2014 Preview: Los Angeles Dodgers 21
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)