Apr 11, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
I don’t know what constitutes “growing suspicion,” but given the problems with the pitching staff, I think the “not contending” part of that equation is going to be highly likely. And given the contract status of all three of those guys — Beltran and Reyes are in walk years and Rodriguez has an option that the Mets don’t really want to have vest — it seems that the three of them would be trade candidates regardless of what people are increasingly suspecting.
It all begins and ends, though, with what you can get for those guys. Not a ton for K-Rod, I presume, but if they show they’re healthy, you have to figure that Beltran and Reyes could garner some interest at least.
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him