Apr 11, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
I don’t know what constitutes “growing suspicion,” but given the problems with the pitching staff, I think the “not contending” part of that equation is going to be highly likely. And given the contract status of all three of those guys — Beltran and Reyes are in walk years and Rodriguez has an option that the Mets don’t really want to have vest — it seems that the three of them would be trade candidates regardless of what people are increasingly suspecting.
It all begins and ends, though, with what you can get for those guys. Not a ton for K-Rod, I presume, but if they show they’re healthy, you have to figure that Beltran and Reyes could garner some interest at least.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)