Apr 11, 2011, 5:45 PM EST
I don’t know what constitutes “growing suspicion,” but given the problems with the pitching staff, I think the “not contending” part of that equation is going to be highly likely. And given the contract status of all three of those guys — Beltran and Reyes are in walk years and Rodriguez has an option that the Mets don’t really want to have vest — it seems that the three of them would be trade candidates regardless of what people are increasingly suspecting.
It all begins and ends, though, with what you can get for those guys. Not a ton for K-Rod, I presume, but if they show they’re healthy, you have to figure that Beltran and Reyes could garner some interest at least.
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 0
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 23
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 33
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 86
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)