Apr 11, 2011, 5:45 PM EST
I don’t know what constitutes “growing suspicion,” but given the problems with the pitching staff, I think the “not contending” part of that equation is going to be highly likely. And given the contract status of all three of those guys — Beltran and Reyes are in walk years and Rodriguez has an option that the Mets don’t really want to have vest — it seems that the three of them would be trade candidates regardless of what people are increasingly suspecting.
It all begins and ends, though, with what you can get for those guys. Not a ton for K-Rod, I presume, but if they show they’re healthy, you have to figure that Beltran and Reyes could garner some interest at least.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)