Apr 11, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Did you know that …
A: The Royals tried to lock up George Brett, Willie Wilson and Dan Quisenbery to lifetime deals after the 1985 season via side deals involving investments in a suburban Nashville, Tennessee apartment complex?; and
B. That this is what George Brett would have looked like on his 1986 Topps baseball card if he were, in fact, a zombie. Bonus zombies include Ryne Sandberg, Harold Baines, Mike Schmidt and Andre Dawson.
Bonus: my parents lived in that Nashville apartment complex for a few weeks when my dad got relocated to Nashville in the mid-90s. There were no reports of zombies and/or Willie Wilson on the premises.
Don’t tell me that HBT doesn’t give you news you can use.
(link to the apartment story via Kevin Reiss)
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 0
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 19
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 22
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 66
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)