Apr 11, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Did you know that …
A: The Royals tried to lock up George Brett, Willie Wilson and Dan Quisenbery to lifetime deals after the 1985 season via side deals involving investments in a suburban Nashville, Tennessee apartment complex?; and
B. That this is what George Brett would have looked like on his 1986 Topps baseball card if he were, in fact, a zombie. Bonus zombies include Ryne Sandberg, Harold Baines, Mike Schmidt and Andre Dawson.
Bonus: my parents lived in that Nashville apartment complex for a few weeks when my dad got relocated to Nashville in the mid-90s. There were no reports of zombies and/or Willie Wilson on the premises.
Don’t tell me that HBT doesn’t give you news you can use.
(link to the apartment story via Kevin Reiss)
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 37
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 34
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 163
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (163)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (78)