Apr 11, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Did you know that …
A: The Royals tried to lock up George Brett, Willie Wilson and Dan Quisenbery to lifetime deals after the 1985 season via side deals involving investments in a suburban Nashville, Tennessee apartment complex?; and
B. That this is what George Brett would have looked like on his 1986 Topps baseball card if he were, in fact, a zombie. Bonus zombies include Ryne Sandberg, Harold Baines, Mike Schmidt and Andre Dawson.
Bonus: my parents lived in that Nashville apartment complex for a few weeks when my dad got relocated to Nashville in the mid-90s. There were no reports of zombies and/or Willie Wilson on the premises.
Don’t tell me that HBT doesn’t give you news you can use.
(link to the apartment story via Kevin Reiss)
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)