Apr 11, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Did you know that …
A: The Royals tried to lock up George Brett, Willie Wilson and Dan Quisenbery to lifetime deals after the 1985 season via side deals involving investments in a suburban Nashville, Tennessee apartment complex?; and
B. That this is what George Brett would have looked like on his 1986 Topps baseball card if he were, in fact, a zombie. Bonus zombies include Ryne Sandberg, Harold Baines, Mike Schmidt and Andre Dawson.
Bonus: my parents lived in that Nashville apartment complex for a few weeks when my dad got relocated to Nashville in the mid-90s. There were no reports of zombies and/or Willie Wilson on the premises.
Don’t tell me that HBT doesn’t give you news you can use.
(link to the apartment story via Kevin Reiss)
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)