Apr 11, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Did you know that …
A: The Royals tried to lock up George Brett, Willie Wilson and Dan Quisenbery to lifetime deals after the 1985 season via side deals involving investments in a suburban Nashville, Tennessee apartment complex?; and
B. That this is what George Brett would have looked like on his 1986 Topps baseball card if he were, in fact, a zombie. Bonus zombies include Ryne Sandberg, Harold Baines, Mike Schmidt and Andre Dawson.
Bonus: my parents lived in that Nashville apartment complex for a few weeks when my dad got relocated to Nashville in the mid-90s. There were no reports of zombies and/or Willie Wilson on the premises.
Don’t tell me that HBT doesn’t give you news you can use.
(link to the apartment story via Kevin Reiss)
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 10
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)