Apr 12, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
On the disabled list while doctors try to determine the cause of his now year-long stomach problems, Franklin Gutierrez told reporters yesterday that he’s recently begun feeling better and putting back some of the 15 pounds he lost.
Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times reports that Gutierrez “will work out with the Mariners the next three days and then will likely head to Tacoma for a rehab stint.”
There’s no timetable for his return yet and general manager Jack Zduriencik said previously that Gutierrez won’t be cleared to rejoin the lineup until the cause of his stomach issues is completely sorted out, but the Gold Glove center fielder seems optimistic about his status and has had success with changes in his diet.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 32
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86