Apr 12, 2011, 3:19 PM EST
On the disabled list while doctors try to determine the cause of his now year-long stomach problems, Franklin Gutierrez told reporters yesterday that he’s recently begun feeling better and putting back some of the 15 pounds he lost.
Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times reports that Gutierrez “will work out with the Mariners the next three days and then will likely head to Tacoma for a rehab stint.”
There’s no timetable for his return yet and general manager Jack Zduriencik said previously that Gutierrez won’t be cleared to rejoin the lineup until the cause of his stomach issues is completely sorted out, but the Gold Glove center fielder seems optimistic about his status and has had success with changes in his diet.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (156)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)