Apr 12, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
On the disabled list while doctors try to determine the cause of his now year-long stomach problems, Franklin Gutierrez told reporters yesterday that he’s recently begun feeling better and putting back some of the 15 pounds he lost.
Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times reports that Gutierrez “will work out with the Mariners the next three days and then will likely head to Tacoma for a rehab stint.”
There’s no timetable for his return yet and general manager Jack Zduriencik said previously that Gutierrez won’t be cleared to rejoin the lineup until the cause of his stomach issues is completely sorted out, but the Gold Glove center fielder seems optimistic about his status and has had success with changes in his diet.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17