HBT Daily: Talkin’ Cubs with Len Kasper

Apr 12, 2011, 12:35 PM EST

Len Kasper, voice of the Chicago Cubs, joined me for some talk about Starlin Castro, the rotation and the nature of Mike Quade
This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Apr 12, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I talk trash about Len and Bob, but I have no real foundation for it. I’m just a jerk. Although personally, I believe Hawk and Stonepony are the best Chicago broadcasters. Say what you will about Hawk, but he is certainly colorful and entertaining. Stonepony is simply awesome.

• Utley's Hair - Apr 12, 2011 at 1:30 PM

You? A jerk?

And, yes, I will most certainly say what I will about Hawk—and most of it will not be complimentary. But, then again, I grew up with Harry the K—well, not actually, since I’m not 75 years old, even though I feel like it sometimes.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Apr 12, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Yes, me. Jerk 4 life.

Hawk is like liver and onions. He’s an acquired taste that is repulsive at first, but given the chance, offers some tasty stuff. That said, I hate liver and onions.

• Utley's Hair - Apr 12, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Wow…you’re so…complex. Jerk.

• yankeesfanlen - Apr 12, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Ut passing up the opportunity for a food fight? Live and onions vs. horsemeat and Velveeta. Talk amongst yourselves.

• Utley's Hair - Apr 12, 2011 at 2:32 PM

I was going to say something about Jesus preferring cake on the Werth post, but I thought that would just make Heyward lose his faith. Would that make him unfaithful? ‘Cause being unfaithful would also make him more of a jerk, wouldn’t it?

But he’s already gone on record as liking cheesesteaks and hating liver and onions, so that fight wouldn’t really go anywhere.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Apr 12, 2011 at 3:54 PM

UH, stop thumbs upping yourself…I know you think it feels good with your thumb way up there, but c’mon man, keep it clean.

• Utley's Hair - Apr 12, 2011 at 4:34 PM

I don’t believe that was me, jerk. Maybe it was another pie-rejecting-if-only-in-preference-of-cake guy who thinks you’re a jerk.

2. Utley's Hair - Apr 12, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Hmm…a bright and sunny 80+ degrees yesterday with Tiffany…a rainy 30-degrees colder today without Tiffany. Coincidence? I think not.

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5201)