Apr 12, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton, who started today’s game as the Rangers’ designated hitter and smacked an RBI triple in his first at-bat, exited after injuring his shoulder sliding into home plate in the first inning.
There’s no word yet on the severity of the injury, but according to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com the Rangers are calling it a strained right shoulder for now.
Hamilton missed time with shoulder problems last spring, but that injury was to his left shoulder. He was limited to just 133 games during the regular season because of knee and ribcage injuries.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12