Apr 12, 2011, 1:45 PM EST
Josh Hamilton, who started today’s game as the Rangers’ designated hitter and smacked an RBI triple in his first at-bat, exited after injuring his shoulder sliding into home plate in the first inning.
There’s no word yet on the severity of the injury, but according to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com the Rangers are calling it a strained right shoulder for now.
Hamilton missed time with shoulder problems last spring, but that injury was to his left shoulder. He was limited to just 133 games during the regular season because of knee and ribcage injuries.
- Report: Athletics working on a trade 13
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)