Apr 12, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton, who started today’s game as the Rangers’ designated hitter and smacked an RBI triple in his first at-bat, exited after injuring his shoulder sliding into home plate in the first inning.
There’s no word yet on the severity of the injury, but according to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com the Rangers are calling it a strained right shoulder for now.
Hamilton missed time with shoulder problems last spring, but that injury was to his left shoulder. He was limited to just 133 games during the regular season because of knee and ribcage injuries.
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 21
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 102
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)