Apr 12, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton, who started today’s game as the Rangers’ designated hitter and smacked an RBI triple in his first at-bat, exited after injuring his shoulder sliding into home plate in the first inning.
There’s no word yet on the severity of the injury, but according to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com the Rangers are calling it a strained right shoulder for now.
Hamilton missed time with shoulder problems last spring, but that injury was to his left shoulder. He was limited to just 133 games during the regular season because of knee and ribcage injuries.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)