Apr 12, 2011, 5:38 PM EST
See, this is what I’m talking about when I say that Power Rankings are tricky things this early in the season. I go and do something like put the Indians in the top 10 and all of a sudden we have bedlam:
LOS ANGELES OF ANAHEIM, CA—Since the Indians are a consensus Top 10 Most Powerful Power Team, as determined by the power rankings at NBC Sports, MLB.com, and ESPN, no member of the active roster can be forced to wear pants at any time in the upcoming week, including during game action. Most players seemed uninterested in exercising their new right but closer Chris Perez said he’d “consider it, depending on the weather and how my cleats look without pants and stuff.”
And it just goes on and on like that.
All we can hope for is that the Tribe keeps losing. Because if they win and if I have to put them in the top three or something there’s no telling what those crazy S.O.B.s will do.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 45
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 97
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 125
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)