Apr 12, 2011, 5:38 PM EDT
See, this is what I’m talking about when I say that Power Rankings are tricky things this early in the season. I go and do something like put the Indians in the top 10 and all of a sudden we have bedlam:
LOS ANGELES OF ANAHEIM, CA—Since the Indians are a consensus Top 10 Most Powerful Power Team, as determined by the power rankings at NBC Sports, MLB.com, and ESPN, no member of the active roster can be forced to wear pants at any time in the upcoming week, including during game action. Most players seemed uninterested in exercising their new right but closer Chris Perez said he’d “consider it, depending on the weather and how my cleats look without pants and stuff.”
And it just goes on and on like that.
All we can hope for is that the Tribe keeps losing. Because if they win and if I have to put them in the top three or something there’s no telling what those crazy S.O.B.s will do.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)