Apr 12, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
I expected a quick return to Toronto for Janssen, but not this quick: Today the Blue Jays recalled him from Triple-A, as placing Rajai Davis on the disabled list allowed them to bypass the usual between-call-up wait.
Janssen is still in danger of being demoted again because he’s one of the few relievers in the Blue Jays’ bullpen with a minor-league option remaining, but presumably they aren’t going to spend all season jerking around a 29-year-old with a $1.1 million salary and 3.10 ERA in 149 career relief appearances.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming