Apr 12, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
I expected a quick return to Toronto for Janssen, but not this quick: Today the Blue Jays recalled him from Triple-A, as placing Rajai Davis on the disabled list allowed them to bypass the usual between-call-up wait.
Janssen is still in danger of being demoted again because he’s one of the few relievers in the Blue Jays’ bullpen with a minor-league option remaining, but presumably they aren’t going to spend all season jerking around a 29-year-old with a $1.1 million salary and 3.10 ERA in 149 career relief appearances.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 68
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 46
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)