Apr 12, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
I expected a quick return to Toronto for Janssen, but not this quick: Today the Blue Jays recalled him from Triple-A, as placing Rajai Davis on the disabled list allowed them to bypass the usual between-call-up wait.
Janssen is still in danger of being demoted again because he’s one of the few relievers in the Blue Jays’ bullpen with a minor-league option remaining, but presumably they aren’t going to spend all season jerking around a 29-year-old with a $1.1 million salary and 3.10 ERA in 149 career relief appearances.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)