Apr 12, 2011, 2:33 PM EDT
Lots of back and forth in the comments today about how Manny Ramirez and friends tainted the 2004 and 2007 Red Sox World Series championships. In response, Red Sox fans are citing the Yankees teams for having tons of PED-connected dudes. If it helps, you’re all right!
But enough of the he-said, he-said (women never engage in such silly arguments around here). Time to get empirical about it. Which The Common Man has done over at The Platoon Advantage today, running down each of the past 15 World Series champs and detailing the members of their roster who have had PED-associations.
One team doesn’t have any, however. One team since 1995 has had no members who have had a PED accusation leveled against them. I won’t reveal it here — you have to click through for that — but see if you can guess. I guessed wrong.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)