Apr 12, 2011, 2:33 PM EDT
Lots of back and forth in the comments today about how Manny Ramirez and friends tainted the 2004 and 2007 Red Sox World Series championships. In response, Red Sox fans are citing the Yankees teams for having tons of PED-connected dudes. If it helps, you’re all right!
But enough of the he-said, he-said (women never engage in such silly arguments around here). Time to get empirical about it. Which The Common Man has done over at The Platoon Advantage today, running down each of the past 15 World Series champs and detailing the members of their roster who have had PED-associations.
One team doesn’t have any, however. One team since 1995 has had no members who have had a PED accusation leveled against them. I won’t reveal it here — you have to click through for that — but see if you can guess. I guessed wrong.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 14
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 30
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)