Apr 12, 2011, 2:33 PM EDT
Lots of back and forth in the comments today about how Manny Ramirez and friends tainted the 2004 and 2007 Red Sox World Series championships. In response, Red Sox fans are citing the Yankees teams for having tons of PED-connected dudes. If it helps, you’re all right!
But enough of the he-said, he-said (women never engage in such silly arguments around here). Time to get empirical about it. Which The Common Man has done over at The Platoon Advantage today, running down each of the past 15 World Series champs and detailing the members of their roster who have had PED-associations.
One team doesn’t have any, however. One team since 1995 has had no members who have had a PED accusation leveled against them. I won’t reveal it here — you have to click through for that — but see if you can guess. I guessed wrong.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 7
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 44
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 83
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 68
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (146)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)