Apr 12, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
We’ve seen all kinds of “teams who start 0-X on the season have only made the playoffs Y times since nineteen dickety-seven” stats in the past week and a half. Here’s one more look at that from ACTA Sports, who looked at the first ten games of the season for every team since 2002, with an eye for what that means for the slow start of the Red Sox and the fast start of the Rangers.
Click through for the analysis, but know this much: it ain’t over anyplace. But it’s far less from over in the AL West than it is in the AL East.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)