Apr 12, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
We’ve seen all kinds of “teams who start 0-X on the season have only made the playoffs Y times since nineteen dickety-seven” stats in the past week and a half. Here’s one more look at that from ACTA Sports, who looked at the first ten games of the season for every team since 2002, with an eye for what that means for the slow start of the Red Sox and the fast start of the Rangers.
Click through for the analysis, but know this much: it ain’t over anyplace. But it’s far less from over in the AL West than it is in the AL East.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 32
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 20
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 47
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 50
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)