Apr 12, 2011, 1:08 PM EST
We’ve seen all kinds of “teams who start 0-X on the season have only made the playoffs Y times since nineteen dickety-seven” stats in the past week and a half. Here’s one more look at that from ACTA Sports, who looked at the first ten games of the season for every team since 2002, with an eye for what that means for the slow start of the Red Sox and the fast start of the Rangers.
Click through for the analysis, but know this much: it ain’t over anyplace. But it’s far less from over in the AL West than it is in the AL East.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)