Apr 13, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Reyes told the Red Sox that he’d accept a potential demotion to Triple-A when they decided to designate him for assignment, so he’ll head to Pawtucket and hope for another shot. However, because the move outrighted him from the 40-man roster Reyes’ call-up would likely have to involve cutting another player loose, which decreases his odds of returning soon.
Whatever the case, Reyes’ track record is strong enough and long enough that he certainly deserves more than a two-inning look, particularly since the Red Sox paid him nearly $1 million already. He’s nice depth to have at Triple-A, to say the least.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)