Apr 13, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Reyes told the Red Sox that he’d accept a potential demotion to Triple-A when they decided to designate him for assignment, so he’ll head to Pawtucket and hope for another shot. However, because the move outrighted him from the 40-man roster Reyes’ call-up would likely have to involve cutting another player loose, which decreases his odds of returning soon.
Whatever the case, Reyes’ track record is strong enough and long enough that he certainly deserves more than a two-inning look, particularly since the Red Sox paid him nearly $1 million already. He’s nice depth to have at Triple-A, to say the least.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12