Apr 13, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Reyes told the Red Sox that he’d accept a potential demotion to Triple-A when they decided to designate him for assignment, so he’ll head to Pawtucket and hope for another shot. However, because the move outrighted him from the 40-man roster Reyes’ call-up would likely have to involve cutting another player loose, which decreases his odds of returning soon.
Whatever the case, Reyes’ track record is strong enough and long enough that he certainly deserves more than a two-inning look, particularly since the Red Sox paid him nearly $1 million already. He’s nice depth to have at Triple-A, to say the least.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)