HBT Daily: Taking reader questions

Apr 13, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT

And not just about baseball. For example: if you could save five famous people from the apocalypse, who would you save? I have my answer!
This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. vforleo - Apr 13, 2011 at 11:42 AM

how much of the red sox pitching struggles rests on saltalamacchia? Lackey sucked last year anyway, but what about everyone else?

• deathmonkey41 - Apr 13, 2011 at 1:08 PM

I think the Red Sox realize that Varitek’s days of juicing are over and they need to move on to the future. He can’t hit anymore and couldn’t throw out my grandmother who’s been dead for 18 yrs. Who knows, maybe Saltalamacchia might start “working out” with Big Papi and his offensive numbers can shoot up…as he does…

2. vforleo - Apr 13, 2011 at 11:46 AM

and less related, who are the top 5 hottest active baseball wives?

• halladaysbicepts - Apr 13, 2011 at 11:48 AM

I know one of them, Cole Hamels’ wife Heidi. Google her pics. Heidi is outstanding.

• Utley's Hair - Apr 13, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Unless you’re at work.

• deathmonkey41 - Apr 13, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I agree- the best thing about Chase Utley is his wife.

3. Old Gator - Apr 13, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Hey Boog! Wish you were still here calling the Feesh games. It’d be one of the few really interesting things about them, given the way this team has played so far this season.

4. Jonny 5 - Apr 13, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Craig, you didn’t just imply that some advanced metrics may actually be …….. Flawed somehow?

• Craig Calcaterra - Apr 13, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Maybe not flawed — they do what they set out to do — but maybe not terribly illustrative.

5. Utley's Hair - Apr 13, 2011 at 12:09 PM

How ’bout “Is Tiffany mad at you?” ‘Cause we know it can’t be us…so that leaves you…naturally. :P

6. cur68 - Apr 13, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Hmmm…who would I save? Good point on a survivalist but you picked the wrong guy. Les Stroud would eat Grylls alive. Without mustard. As for the other 4; sure the Lingerie League ladies would do for me too, but I’d cut one and make room for Tiffany. Blatant but kiss yes, but well worth the ridicule.

• Utley's Hair - Apr 13, 2011 at 1:13 PM

What? No Jessica Alba?

• cur68 - Apr 13, 2011 at 1:21 PM

>gasp<! I forgot her! Well I'm keeping Tiffany. I need someone to talk sports with and Stroud will be too busy gathering food. Ok, Lingerie League line; one of you has gotta go. You're out and Jessica's in. Thanks UH; I nearly made a serious mistake there.

7. heyblueyoustink - Apr 13, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Jennifer Love Hewitt and 4 servant midgets

• cur68 - Apr 13, 2011 at 1:01 PM

gotta be famous midgets. know any?

• halladaysbicepts - Apr 13, 2011 at 1:05 PM

How about Tatoo? Wait, he’s dead.

The only other midget I can think of is Vern Troyer.

• heyblueyoustink - Apr 13, 2011 at 1:28 PM

How about the dude that played willow, the one from Jacka$$, and am I allowed to count Chritina Ricci? ……..I mean she is really short

• cur68 - Apr 13, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Yeah, I’ll give you Ricci but I think you should stick with short girls as your theme and never mind the little people. This way you get a double wammy. Could you live with Salma Hayek, and Winona Ryder? They’re tiny. Also I do believe Reese Witherspoon is just wee herself. You gotta like that for a harem.

• heyblueyoustink - Apr 13, 2011 at 1:58 PM

You make a good point my friend, midgets are out, harem is in…..only change is Reese out and Lucy Liu in……

• professor59 - Apr 13, 2011 at 2:07 PM

How do we feel about Ellen Page, Eva Longoria and Hayden Panet.. Panttteri..uh the cheerleader?

• heyblueyoustink - Apr 13, 2011 at 2:32 PM

You make a good point as well professor, who couldn’t use a cheerleader during the apocalypse?

8. deathmonkey41 - Apr 13, 2011 at 1:04 PM

If the Red Sox continue to struggle and fall way out of playoff contention- is it true that Big Papi is going to take the entire team on a trip to the DR for his special “milkshakes”?

9. Jonny 5 - Apr 13, 2011 at 1:44 PM

I’d save Garrett Oliver, the Olsen twins, Jessica Biel, and Clint Howard. You figure out why that is.

• professor59 - Apr 13, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Well, duh. They all dated Justin Timberlake, obv.

Who's to blame for Cubs tarp fiasco?
  1. R. Castillo (3055)