Apr 13, 2011, 7:28 PM EDT
The Reds are saying that Bruce is available to pinch-hit, a strong indication that the groin injury is minor and will not require an extended absence nor a stint on the 15-day disabled list.
Bruce is off to a slow start this season, batting just .220/.267/.268 with no home runs and only three RBI through 28 at-bats. Chris Heisey, hitting a healthy .294/.400/.471 in 17 at-bats, drew the start in right field on Wednesday night against San Diego’s Tim Stauffer. Bruce should be back in action by the weekend.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 0
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 11
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 65
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 48
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)