Apr 13, 2011, 7:28 PM EDT
The Reds are saying that Bruce is available to pinch-hit, a strong indication that the groin injury is minor and will not require an extended absence nor a stint on the 15-day disabled list.
Bruce is off to a slow start this season, batting just .220/.267/.268 with no home runs and only three RBI through 28 at-bats. Chris Heisey, hitting a healthy .294/.400/.471 in 17 at-bats, drew the start in right field on Wednesday night against San Diego’s Tim Stauffer. Bruce should be back in action by the weekend.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 38
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 61
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)