Apr 13, 2011, 7:28 PM EDT
The Reds are saying that Bruce is available to pinch-hit, a strong indication that the groin injury is minor and will not require an extended absence nor a stint on the 15-day disabled list.
Bruce is off to a slow start this season, batting just .220/.267/.268 with no home runs and only three RBI through 28 at-bats. Chris Heisey, hitting a healthy .294/.400/.471 in 17 at-bats, drew the start in right field on Wednesday night against San Diego’s Tim Stauffer. Bruce should be back in action by the weekend.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)