Apr 13, 2011, 11:27 PM EDT
The Mets’ abuse of left-handed reliever Pedro Feliciano goes on. Or something.
According to MLB.com beat writer Bryan Hoch, the veteran reliever underwent an MRI on his troublesome left shoulder Wednesday and it showed significant damage. So much so that he might require a major surgical procedure.
The Yankees aren’t commenting on the specifics of the damage yet for reasons that manager Joe Girardi laid out for reporters on Wednesday night:
“In fairness to the player, he needs to talk about it with our doctor and the agents and decide what the next course of action is,” said Girardi. “He was throwing the ball in Spring Training and didn’t have any problems. Then after the one day he had a problem. I can’t tell you exactly when it happened, in a sense. He’s had some shoulder problems in the past.”
The Yankees have already accused the Mets of overusing Feliciano during his eight-year tenure with the cross-town club. Now the Bombers are going to be without the man that they signed to a two-year, $8 million contract for quite a bit of time. Perhaps continuing to blame the Mets will bring them some kind of solace.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)