Apr 13, 2011, 11:27 PM EDT
The Mets’ abuse of left-handed reliever Pedro Feliciano goes on. Or something.
According to MLB.com beat writer Bryan Hoch, the veteran reliever underwent an MRI on his troublesome left shoulder Wednesday and it showed significant damage. So much so that he might require a major surgical procedure.
The Yankees aren’t commenting on the specifics of the damage yet for reasons that manager Joe Girardi laid out for reporters on Wednesday night:
“In fairness to the player, he needs to talk about it with our doctor and the agents and decide what the next course of action is,” said Girardi. “He was throwing the ball in Spring Training and didn’t have any problems. Then after the one day he had a problem. I can’t tell you exactly when it happened, in a sense. He’s had some shoulder problems in the past.”
The Yankees have already accused the Mets of overusing Feliciano during his eight-year tenure with the cross-town club. Now the Bombers are going to be without the man that they signed to a two-year, $8 million contract for quite a bit of time. Perhaps continuing to blame the Mets will bring them some kind of solace.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)