Apr 13, 2011, 11:27 PM EDT
The Mets’ abuse of left-handed reliever Pedro Feliciano goes on. Or something.
According to MLB.com beat writer Bryan Hoch, the veteran reliever underwent an MRI on his troublesome left shoulder Wednesday and it showed significant damage. So much so that he might require a major surgical procedure.
The Yankees aren’t commenting on the specifics of the damage yet for reasons that manager Joe Girardi laid out for reporters on Wednesday night:
“In fairness to the player, he needs to talk about it with our doctor and the agents and decide what the next course of action is,” said Girardi. “He was throwing the ball in Spring Training and didn’t have any problems. Then after the one day he had a problem. I can’t tell you exactly when it happened, in a sense. He’s had some shoulder problems in the past.”
The Yankees have already accused the Mets of overusing Feliciano during his eight-year tenure with the cross-town club. Now the Bombers are going to be without the man that they signed to a two-year, $8 million contract for quite a bit of time. Perhaps continuing to blame the Mets will bring them some kind of solace.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)