Apr 13, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
If you think the Barry Bonds trial is weird and salacious, get a load of the Brian Giles trial. He and his former girlfriend have a nasty civil suit going on in which their messy love life and dueling claims of domestic violence are front and center. And it involves Chuck Knoblauch of all people:
[Giles’] attorneys also have portrayed Olvera as a money-hungry seeker of rich men, including four-time baseball All-Star Chuck Knoblauch, her current fiancé.
They showed Knoblauch in video testimony talking about all the jewelry he’s given Olvera. But then during a break in the trial Tuesday, one of Giles’ attorneys, Dan Gilleon, pulled out a baseball and asked Knoblauch to autograph it for him. Knoblauch, who attended Tuesday’s closing arguments, said he found it strange.
“Obviously, we’re fans,” Scott said.
Glad to see that kind of professionalism in action.
At any rate, this is ugly business, involving prenuptial agreements, fraudulent checks and that famous video in which Giles appeared to strike Olvera (Giles says she fell).
But hey, we need something to read while waiting for the Bonds verdict.
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 11
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 34
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 61
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)